Thursday, January 3, 2013

Is it Okay to Take a Day Off from Blogging?

Can Bloggers take a day off?

As a writer, I generally keep to a fairly strict schedule.  I try to write for at least an hour each day.  So, where was I yesterday?


I was at home.  I was resting.  I was recooperating.

My children shared their cold with me and I was hit HARD.  My attempts to push through and keep going were met with an exasperated remonstration from my Husband.  He reminded me that making myself sicker would not help anyone.  So, I took a day off and propped my feet up.

I played video games with my older son.  I taught my younger son the name of all his new dinosaur toys.  I helped my older son learn a shorter way to do his addition problems while the younger snoozed against my side.   I folded laundry.  I watched my daughter's choir concert in Texas via YouTube.

Mostly, I took time to think about things.  What did I really want out of this next year?  Where do I see my blog, my business, my writing going?

My inspiration word for the year is CAN.

I often find mysef saying, "I can't."  I don't mean that I cannot.  I mean that I don't want to.  I mean that I am too lazy to do so.  I mean that I don't want to face the problems of things.
This year, I can.

And, if I have to take a day off from blogging to get there, then yes.  I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog! I look forward to interacting with each of my readers and will do my best to reply directly to you.